Cavanagh Communications set sail in January 2012 to provide high-quality, bespoke communications services to social organisations, representative groups and innovative businesses.
The business is led by Ronan Cavanagh who has 23 years experience in communications and has worked in journalism, in PR agencies and as inhouse Communications Manager.
Media Relations, Public Affairs and Communications Management
- Cavanagh Communications, Founder and Consultant, 2012-current
- Montague Communications, Executive Director, 2007-2012
- Irish Heart Foundation, Communications Manager, 2005-2007
- BreastCheck (cancer screening), Communications Manager, 2002-2005
- Setanta Communications, Account Manager, 2000-2002.
Sectoral / Industry
- Winning agency at 2014 PRII Awards for Best Corporate Communications campaign, working with a prevention and early intervention focused community organisation
- Highly Commended at 2015 Public Relations Institute of Ireland (PRII) Awards for work on Ireland’s first-ever Palliative Care public awareness campaign
- Member of the PRII 1997-present
- Member of PRII Education Review Panel, 2014
- Board member of the Public Relations Consultants Association (PRCA), 2009-2011.
- Evening Echo (Cork), Social Affairs Correspondent , 1998-2000
- The Kerryman, General Reporter, 1997-1998
- The Irish Examiner, Freelance Reporter, 1997.
- MA (honours) in Communications, Culture and Society, University of London, 1995-1997
- BA (joint honours) in English and Sociology, University College Cork, 1992-1995
- Senior Management training at the Irish Management Institute, 2003.
- Diploma in Public Relations, Fitzwilliam Institute, 2000.