Cavanagh Communications is led by Ronan Cavanagh
Ronan has worked in journalism & PR, both in agencies and as in-house Communications Manager. He's been in the Communications business for over 2 decades.
Media Relations, Public Affairs and Communications Management
- Cavanagh Communications, Founder and Consultant, 2012-current
- Montague Communications, Executive Director, 2007-2012
- Irish Heart Foundation, Communications Manager, 2005-2007
- BreastCheck (cancer screening), Communications Manager, 2002-2005
- Setanta Communications, Account Manager, 2000-2002.
Sectoral / Industry
- Member of the PRII 1997-present
- Member of PRII Education Review Panel, 2014
- Board member of the Public Relations Consultants Association (PRCA), 2009-2011
- Member of Dun Laoghaire BNI Chapter, 2016-2019.
- Evening Echo (Cork), Social Affairs Correspondent , 1998-2000
- The Kerryman, General Reporter, 1997-1998
- The Irish Examiner, Freelance Reporter, 1997.
- MA (honours) in Communications, Culture and Society, University of London, 1995-1997
- BA (joint honours) in English and Sociology, University College Cork, 1992-1995
- Senior Management training at the Irish Management Institute, 2003.
- Diploma in Public Relations, Fitzwilliam Institute, 2000.
PRII Award Winners 2014: An Taoiseach Enda Kenny presents Best Corporate Communications campaign to Ronan Cavanagh, Cavanagh Communications & Marian Quinn, Childhood Development Initiative.
AWARDS – Cavanagh Communications and the All Ireland Institute of Hospice and Palliative Care were Highly Commended at the Public Relations Institute Awards 2015 for work on Ireland’s first ever Palliative Care public information campaign.